Job Description – SeniorBusiness ANalystIT Department – Business Software Team
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible to define, implement and manage a project in order to achieve an optimal result according to the business requirements by the sponsor(s) in terms of performance, quality, cost, delay and security.
The Senior Business Analyst should ensure a perpetual “business trend watch” to always keep GL at the latest or most advanced stage of development, innovation and pioneering in cutting-edge business evolutions.
At any moment, the Senior Business Analyst could be asked to participate in projects for other GL entities such as GLF and GLL.
The Senior Business Analyst is reporting to the IT Manager of GL and the responsibilities are the following:
- People management:
- Plan staffing needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support.
- Provide clear communication to immediate team, business partners, peers and executive leadership.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Measure and track the team’s performance (such as for junior BA), including metrics such as velocity, number of defects, ability to estimate tasks, and ability to commit to deadlines.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings, informal coaching and mentoring, performance evaluations, and set goals for team members.
- Project management:
- Lead the design, implementation and production life cycle of technical business initiatives.
- Prepare project plans based on customer requirements, deployment factors and migration strategies.
- Develop and manage complex business or technical project plans to completion within time and resource constraints.
- Coordinate with the customer and other organizations to develop a project schedule.
- Analyze proposed projects, develop project plan, project schedules, identify and assemble team and vendors.
- Performs scheduling, tracking, reporting, risk analysis, cost management, change management and evaluation and control of complex business or technical projects.
- Establishes and manages critical contractual relationships with the customer and/or external vendor
- Work with teams to analyze risks and identify contingency plans, while also resolving conflict and interface problems within the project.
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues, including working with internal and external resources regarding changes of significant consequence to the scope or schedule of projects.
- Develop, manage and review customer documentation, organization and requirements to determine the scope of work (SOW) and schedule expectations; prepare MS-Project Plan documents; coordinating project events; adjusting plan and schedule to meet contingencies.
- Administer and utilize PM tools to ensure appropriate key project documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure the successful completion of required deliverables/milestones.
- Work with business and IT leadership to prioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
- Ensure service levels are understood and supports them being met.
- Ensure stability, reliability and performance of all business applications
- Accountable for business application documentation completeness and maintenance.
- Provide regular team activity and business application development and maintenance dashboards to upper management.
- Business trend watch:
- Display a strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge that benefit GL and its employees. Strong awareness of industry trends and best practices.
- Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Master’s degree in information systems or engineering with 3-5 years of Information Systems project management or business operations experience.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written is mandatory. Fluency in Thai a must.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools Including Project, Word and Excel.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Previous experience related to the identification of project issues, determination of project risk, development of mitigation plans and/or leading the execution of action plans.
- Strong customer relations experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project with at least 1 year of experience.
- CMMI, PMP, Prince2 certification is preferred.
- Technical Expertise with a broad range of Web based technologies, tools and standards across desktop, tablet and handset platforms.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices.
- Experience working with and effectively managing vendors on large and small projects.
- Experience working in a virtual team environment; ability to form a team within a virtual work environment.
- A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of different levels of management and individual contributors.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts (such as ETL, data warehousing and front end reporting tools).
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.